A historic landmark, Greenhill Court is located on the site of the old Bruntsfield Hospital at Greenhill Terrace.
It was formerly Greenhill Lodge, a two-storey Regency house built in early 1820.
The lodge was the home of Dr. Sophia Jex-Blake, the first woman general medical practitioner in Scotland, who created the Bruntsfield Hospital for women and children. The hospital thrived for many years until its closure in 1988.
For this celebrated Edinburgh building the AMA team devised a concept that was traditional in design, but contemporary in comfort. The final plan was a classically proportioned development of 30 flats, perfectly merging past and present.
The four walls of the early 19th century Regency lodge house and the façade of the Victorian hospital ward block were painstakingly restored.
Greenhill Court became graceful addition to the conservation area.
As a result of AMA’s dedication to quality for the first time in its history the NHBC gave a 10-year guarantee not only to the new-build element of the development, but also to the refurbished section.